Virat Kohli Fitness Workout & Diet

Virat Kohli is one of the fittest cricketer in the world right now. All credit goes to his workout routine and diet plan. He has been in a spectacular form since he started to focus more on his physical fitness and changed his training and the way he eats. Now he has more stamina and he can stay on the crease for an entire day without feeling tired. Virat is stylish, aggressive, and he knows how to make presence on the field. He recently became captain of Indian cricket team in all formats Tests, T-20, One Day. "You need a set pattern of your training, the way you eat, how healthy and fit you need to be. Being fitter made me mentally stronger. It was like a direct connection," Kohli said. So let us look at Virat Kohli's transformational Workout and diet.

Height: 5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
Weight: 69 kg or 152 pounds
Chest: 42 in or 107 cm
Biceps: 15 in or 38 cm
Waist: 31 in or 79 cm



Workout routine

Virat Kohli workouts for at least 5 times a week for about an hour and a half unless he is on tour. His workouts includes both cardio and weight training. Lifting weights helps him to get muscle mass and cardio for building stamina and cutting down the excess fat. Virat changed his training style and lost 11-12 kg extra pounds and gained some serious mass and took his stamina to next level. He wakes up in the morning with full of energy and become very quick on the field.



"From 2015 I changed my training again. I started lifting, snatching, cleaning and dead lifting. It was unbelievable. I saw the result. I remember running after a ball in a Test series in Sri Lanka and I felt more power in my legs. It was, like, 'wow'. This training is addictive. The last year-and-a-half it has taken my game to another level," Kohli said.

Check out: Aamir Khan Workout and Diet for Dangal



Diet plan

  • For Diet Virat loves to eat home cooked food and avoids junk food. Salmon, Sushi and Lamb Chops are his favorite dishes which is very high in protein.
  • He prefers to substitute fatty foods like fried chips with healthy alternatives like wheat crackers. 
  • He loves to eat nibbles, dried fruits and nuts along with a cup of steaming black coffee.
  • Virat drinks only Evian water (bottled mineral water) which is imported from France. He drinks only mineral water to stay away from water borne diseases.

Check out: Salman Khan Fitness training for Sultan

"I was 11 or 12kgs heavier than I am now, I was really chubby. I changed everything from the next morning from what I eat to how I train. I was in the gym for an hour-and-a-half every day. Working really hard, off gluten, off wheat, no cold drinks, no desserts, nothing. It was tough," said Kohli.

No comments:

Post a Comment