Dwight Howard NBA Workout & Diet

Dwight Howard Workout routine and Diet plan. Dwight Howard is popular American professional basketball player for the Houston Rockets of the NBA (National Basketball Association). Howard has won many awards for his game and had helped Team USA to win gold in 2008 Olympics. "I work extremely hard in the weight room, and also on the court to get better and make sure I keep my body in shape," Dwight says. He averaged 18.3 points and 13.2 rebounds per game for the 2009-2010 NBA season. Let us look at Dwight Howard Exercise plan.

Dwight Howard's Body Statistics:

Height: 6 ft 11 in (211 cm) Weight: 265 pounds (120 kg)


Dwight Howard Workout routine


Day 1: Chest and Triceps
  • Bench press: 5 Sets of 10,8,6,4,2 reps (increase weight with each set)
  • Incline dumbbell bench press: 3 sets of 8-10 reps
  • Medicine ball pushups: 3 sets of 12 reps
  • Dumbbell fly: 3 sets of 10 reps
  • Crossover pushups: 3 sets of 12 reps
  • EZ-Bar triceps extension: 3 sets of 10 reps
  • Abs plate twists: 3 sets of 20 reps
  • Cable crunch: 3 sets of 20 reps
Day 2: Legs
  • Squat: 3 sets of 4-6 reps
  • Hang clean: 3 sets of 4-6 reps
  • Single-leg dumbbell calf raise(each leg): 3 sets of 12 reps
  • Bur-pee: 3 sets of 15 reps
  • Mountain climber: 3 sets of 20 reps




Day 3: Off


Day 4: Shoulders, Biceps and Back
  • Wide-grip lat pull down: 3 sets of 10 reps
  • Arnold press: 3 sets of 10 reps
  • Pull-ups: 3 sets of 5 reps
  • Dumbbell front raise: 3 sets of 6-85 reps
  • Dumbbell rear lateral raise: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
  • Alternating dumbbell curls: 3 sets of 6-8 reps
  • Close-grip EZ-Bar curls: 3 sets of 8reps
  • Abs plate twist: 3 sets of 12 reps
  • Weighted Swiss ball crunch: 3 sets of 20 reps

Day 5: Plyometrics
  • Squat with pushups: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
  • Jump squat: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
  • Power snatch: 3 sets of 8 reps
  • Plyometric lunges: 3 sets of 6 reps for each leg
  • Bur-pee: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
Check out: Patrick Willis Fitness Secret

Check out: Tim Tebow Body Exercises





Dwight Howard Diet routine

I got rid of all the things that had a lot of sugar in them from last season when I started the diet. I didn't drink a lot of water. I would eat candy and just drink Gatorade. That's a lot of sugar to be putting in your body. 
I just got rid of all that stuff. I started putting things in my refrigerator like pecans, almonds, stuff like that. And I really just stopped all the junk food. I had to really cut back fruits because of all the sugar. The sugar, what it does is, it sits in those joints. And once it gets in your blood, it sits in your joints and those joints start to hurt and ache. 
I also juiced a lot during last season and that kind of just gave me more energy and the ability to play back-to-backs. 
I don't eat bread but pasta may be once or twice a week. I don't eat a lot of steak, so it's fish and chicken and stuff like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment