Robert Downey Jr Workout and Diet Secret
Robert Downey Jr Workout and Diet
What you need to know
Robert Downey Jr Workout routine and Diet plan
Robert Downey Jr Body fitness training exercises Iron Man 3
Robert Downey Jr Workout and Diet. Robert Downey was born on April 4, 1965 is an American actor. He is best known for his roles in Iron Man, Sherlock Holmes, Iron Man 2, The Avengers and his latest film Iron Man 3 will be releasing in 2013. Robert’s fitness trainer, Brad Bose designed a mixed bag of training style to create the ultimate goal of leaning and defining Downey while improving his stamina, strength and agility. Let us look at his fitness training.
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 75 kg (165 pounds)
Workout and Fitness Equipments
Robert's form of exercises needed to hit his main muscle groups from loads of distinct angles, then completed on an inclined climbing treadmill forcing his cardiovascular conditioning via the roof. The exercises are done 3 days per week. The days, however, should not be consecutive to avoid extreme burnout.
- Muscle endurance is essential - Ultimately, muscle endurance and cardio ranges are feasible. His exercise forms, strengthen muscles by lifting weights at different angles.
- Cardio sessions - The first two weeks are cardio sessions. Each aforementioned activity should be done in 15 reps and 3 sets with a 30-second break following every set.
- Power development phase - The third and fourth week focus on power development and are characterized by 10 reps and 4 sets for every activity with a minute’s break after each set.
- Muscle development phase - In the final two weeks, the focus is on increasing the muscle size. In this case, each activity is repeated in 5 reps and 5 sets with a 90 second break, following every set.
Diet and Nutrition
He was put on a high protein diet program where he consumed around 2,500 to 3,200 calories a day. His protein came from clean protein sources like chicken, and beef while also consuming a variety of whole grains and vegetables to fuel his body during the training period.
- Breakfast - Specifically, Downey’s breakfast consist of two eggs that are scrambled or boiled to reduce fat intake, two bread slices (fruit seasoned), three tomato pieces and skimmed milk (a quarter cup).
- Lunch - Full course meals consist of two whole bread slices, salad from oz chicken with mayonnaise, unsweetened coffee or tea and green leafy vegetables.
- Dinner - Dinner comprises of carrots, broccoli, green beans and lean pork, fish, beef or chicken. With strict adherence to this diet plan, Downey makes easy transitions from the lean impressive appearance to the Iron man strength characterized by warrior muscles.